On June 26, 2014 I sent an email to Kimberley Kong (Writer of Sensible Stylista). I was immediately captured by her sense of style, relateable way of writing and beautiful smile. Recently, I contacted Kim for an opportunity to interview her. I’m so happy to have the honour of doing so! A little about Kim is that she is a Korean-American, who not only blogs about fashion, but also studies a DMA in piano performance. She is an inspiration showing that we can truly follow our passion.
Favourite Colour: neutrals/black
Favourite Drink: Hot Chocolate
Country of birth: USA
Languages : Korean and English
Fashion inspiration: The gorgeous women that I see every day!
1. What inspired you to become a fashion blogger? When I lived in NYC, I was always inspired by the fab fashionistas around me! I wanted to grow my own personal style so I decided to document my own personal journey.
2. How would you describe your own fashion style? It varies, but I’d say chic and girly with a bit of edge!
3. 3 random things about yourself: I’m a professional pianist and teacher, I have a black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do, and my great ancestor is Confucius!
4. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging? I absolutely love teaching and performing. I also really like exercise DVDs – Insanity’s one of my favorites!
5. What do you love most about blogging? Making lovely friends all around the world! It has definitely been an AMAZING journey.
6. How did you engage other people to your blog? I always make sure to respond to every comment, tweet, email, etc. Interacting with your online friends & followers is so important, otherwise you’d be having a conversation with yourself.
7. What word of advice would you give to beginner bloggers? Be consistent and genuine. People can smell fake a mile away!
8. How did you create the name Sensible Stylista? I take great pride in being a “smart” shopper – one who knows when to save and when to splurge – so I thought it’d be a catchy way to advocate that. I’m a big fan of alliteration as I’m sure you’ve noticed, haha.
Click below to read her blog posts, fashion style and giveaways!